Friday, October 2

‘How I won Gulder Ultimate Chase car’

As Chinedu Odimgbe raced towards the Michael Okpara Square from the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium where the Enugu leg of the Ultimate Chase commenced, all he hoped for was to win a Galaxy Tab among the 200 mouth-watering prizes, which Gulder had in store for its consumers in the competition.

At the beginning of the race, Odimgbe lagged behind a lot of the contestants. He soon picked up pace and outran many of them and eventually won the grand prize of a brand new Hyundai Elantra car.
The 23-year-old graduate of Civil Engineering, however, confessed that he started training when he heard that Gulder was organising a national consumer promotion, which had Ultimate Chase and Raffle Draw categories. He said: “When I saw the advert about the Ultimate Chase which had the information about the venue and the date, I started training hard because I was determined to make a success out of this consumer promotion. I was jogging every morning and doing other forms of exercises like ‘sitting in the air’, planking and others, just to stay fit.”
The Ultimate Chase is the experiential aspect of the promotion, which gives consumers and participants the opportunity of imbibing the brand’s core values. This stage of the competition is designed for the strong, the intuitive and the mentally alert.
Though, Gulder communicated that prospective participants should arrive at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, venue of the Enugu leg of the Ultimate Chase by 7am, people had started arriving as early as 6am. Odimgbe confessed that when he saw the crowd that had built up, he became nervous, wondering if he could make any meaningful headway.
But then, Odimgbe stated that he regained confidence when the race commenced. He said: “When we started the race, I saw people dropping out, but I was determined never to give up. As people slowed down, I started pacing up and then I was among the top 40. When we got to Okpara Square, I was the fifth person. Then I searched for the clue according to the instructions of Michael Nwachukwu. After solving the riddle, I approached the Gatekeeper. Then I saw about two or three guys running ahead of me to the Gatekeeper. I followed them. After the Gatekeeper saw our riddles, he told me to take a map. I took the map. Meanwhile, two guys were ahead of me and they had already started searching. But I had to relax and I studied the map carefully. I saw where a box was that was marked near a tree, and I knew immediately that the box would be located near a tree. I had to locate the tree and knew immediately that the key to the brand new car would be there. Luckily, I got to the tree first, I saw a box there, opened it and saw the key.”
Stating that he didn’t hope to win, Odimgbe noted that his initial target was a Galaxy Tab. “Actually, I was hoping to get the Galaxy Tab. I told myself, if I get this Galaxy Tab, then I am okay. But when I got to Okpara Square, I saw that I was among the first 50 people. So there was no need, I had to push further until I won the brand new car,” he said.
Asides the brand new car, Gulder consumers also had a feast as there were 200 consolatory prizes including generators, TV sets, Galaxy Tabs, rechargeable fans, smart phones etc.
Ozoalor Chidiebere, a 24-year-old graduate and farmer won a generator, which according to him, came when he needed it the most. Odoh Emmanuel Chukwuma, a 400 Level student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka won a Galaxy Tab at a time he desired to buy a new phone, having grown tired of the phone he was using. Other winners at the contest include Godwin Daniel, who won a Galaxy Tab; Christian Nicholas, who won a brand new home theatre; and Nwizu Ebuka Solomon, who won a brand new LED TV set.
However, at the national consumer promotion raffle draw held on Sunday, September 25 at the New Berries Bar inside Enugu Museum, Gulder gave out yet another brand new Hyundai Elantra won by 31-year-old Francis Njoku, from Lagos. Other lucky winners were Chinonso Emeka from Anambra who won N200,000 and Kolawole Sola from Lagos who won N100,000. Otuya Blessing and Samuel Ikpa both won a 2.5 KVA generator each.

No comments:

Post a Comment