Saturday, November 19

He was trying to kill me’: Woman’s terrifying road rage ordeal captured on 911 recording

By the time Fatima Tsouli reached a 911 operator, she was in a fight for her life.”A guy’s hitting into the back of me trying to kill me on the road,” Tsouli told dispatcher, Cathy Steinke, as she sped down the a Scottsdale, Ariz., road. “He’s flicking me off, he’s still swerving.”

“He’s right behind me!” she screamed seconds later. “Oh, my god!”
Tsouli’s panicked exchange with Steinke on Nov. 10 was captured on a nail-biting 911 recording provided to the media by the Scottsdale Police Department.
Police eventually tracked down the attacker and arrested him. Police told ABC News that Jowen Moses, 25, faces multiple of charges, including, aggravated assault, reckless driving and DUI.  He has pleaded not guilty and is being held on a $50,000 bond.Tsouli told the dispatcher that the incident began without warning and, throughout their entire conversation, she seemed baffled about why she was under attack.
“Did he hit your car?” Steinke asks.
“Yes — twice!” Tsouli replies. “Oh my God!”
“Can you pull over somewhere you’d be safe where there’s a lot of people?” Steinke asks.
“I tried, but he side-swiped me,” Tsouli replies.
During the scream-filled call, Steinke struggles to calm Tsouli down, retrieve crucial information from the driver and focus her attention so police can locate her vehicle. A terrified Tsouli can be heard describing Moses — driving a black car with his lights off — ramming her vehicle as she flees Moses. The 911 phone call lasts about seven minutes, but the entire chase lasted nearly half an hour, CBS affiliate KPHO reported.
Despite having 16 years of experience working as a dispatcher, Steinke told ABC News that road rage incidents are becoming more common, but she’s never encountered a case “quite so extreme.” Her goal, she told ABC News, was to keep Tsouli calm so she could, in turn, feed responding officers with updated information.
On the recording Steinke can be heard instructing Tsouli to turn her hazard lights on so police can identify her. The recording eventually ends when Tsouli tells Steinke that she can hear police sirens.
“If I tried to turn right or left, he was trying to run me off the road and hit me,” Tsouli told KPHO. “When he rammed into me, my face hit the steering wheel.”
“I didn’t know which road I was on. I didn’t know what was going on,” she added.
Police told KPHO that pulling over Moses was no east task. After pulling into a parking lot, the station reported, Moses “made a U-turn, sped off and drove the wrong way through a red light” before hitting an SUV, spinning out and slamming into a police car.
Moses appeared to be extremely intoxicated, police told ABC News, and inside his vehicle, officers found numerous beer cans.
Sgt. Ben Hoster told KPHO that officers arrested Moses after a “combative incident.”
“The suspect did not want to go into custody,” Hoster noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment